9th Annual DMI Memorial Basketball Tournament
July 13 - 15, 2018
The Dale M. Inouye Foundation cordially invites your team to participate in the Ninth Annual Dale M. Inouye Memorial Invitational Basketball Tournament, in memory of Dale M. Inouye. The tournament will be held in his memory to promote the qualities of sportsmanship, perseverance, and inner strength through friendly basketball competition.
- Boys, incoming grades 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Girls, incoming grades 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Entry Fees: $400 per team ….$350 for returning teams
Deadline: April 30, 2018, or until division is filled
Please submit an electronic copy of the roster via email to Cathie Tani at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then submit your entry fee, payable to Dale M. Inouye Foundation, along with a hard copy of the tournament roster and a copy of your JAO/CBO/CYC/SEYO league roster by mail to Cathie at 2275 W. 233rd Street, Torrance, 90501 by April 30, 2018. Divisions will be determined by interest and entries received. The registration fee for new teams is $400, and $350 for returning teams (who participated in last year’s tournament).
- Each team is responsible for their own insurance and must submit a signed DMI liability waiver prior to the first game.
- Each team must have a set of dark and light uniforms with permanent numbers.
- Coaches will submit a nomination form for a selected player by June 15, 2018 to be considered for the Dale M. Inouye Inner Strength Award.
- There will be 6 teams per division with games Saturday and Sunday. An awards ceremony will follow immediately after the Sunday’s game.
Please contact us for any questions: Randy Kiehm at email@example.com. Thank you for your consideration.